Deciding on a laptop is a very difficult task, there are so many options nowadays. Whether it’s the type, the color, the storage space… the possibilities are endless! If you’re like me, Apple products are my favorite, I love the way they work and the functionality of them. Being a college student and a small business owner, it’s very important to have a working computer that can be easily transported and can hold all of my documents while keeping me organized!
MacBook Air :
My very first personal laptop was a 2015 13-inch MacBook Air. I decided to get this one for a few reasons.
- It was extremely light.
- I loved this because in high school I would be carrying around super heavy textbooks every single day and adding on unnecessary weight didn’t fit me. Also, a lighter laptop is great for traveling. On top of your carry on and checked suitcase, it’s very easily transported. The new MacBook air weighs 2.8 pounds!
- Long-lasting battery life!
- The MacBook Air has longer battery life than the Pro, especially the new one. It has up to 11 hours, and if you’re anything like me, you use your laptop more than your phone!
Overall, the MacBook Air fit more towards my lifestyle at that time. For me, I wasn’t working with a. ton of applications at one time, nor needing the extra power. And a bonus, it’s a little cheaper than the Pro.
MacBook Pro :
For my second laptop, after much consideration I decided to go with the 13-inch MacBook Pro. I asked a lot of people, even my followers on IG which they preferred to help me make my decision. Here’s why I chose the Pro…
- The processor is extremely fast.
- After having my old laptop for a while, it started to slow down, as all products do after some time. Now that I am still a full-time student and a business owner, I am running many applications at one time, and always have at least 10 tabs open at once. Being able to work and browse quickly was a must!
- Touch Bar & Touch ID
- I always played with the Touch Bar and always thought it was too high-tech for me, until I got one myself. I love that you are able to customize exactly what goes on the Touch Bar, putting your most used commands first. It’s extremely useful for filling out forms (which I do a lot of) and navigating between pages and apps. The Touch ID (which the new MacBook Air has now) is very helpful when you are in a rush to log in, purchase something, and or want the extra security!
One con I have found with the MacBook Pro is that in order to connect your iPhone, you have to purchase an additional cord, kind of a hassle but you will probably want it. It’s around $20 dollars and you can choose between 1 and 2 meters long.
All in all, I have been extremely happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend referencing this guide if you’re in the market for a new laptop! As always, let me know if you have any questions & let me know which one you pick!
Till next time!