40 QUESTIONS FOR YOUR FUTURE COLLEGE ROOMMATE that will help you get to know each other and make move-in day a lot less stressful. Since lots of you are finding out who your roommates are these next few weeks, I decided to make today’s post focused on questions for your future college roommate. The summer before my freshman year getting to know my soon-to-be roommate was one of my top priorities.
If you’re like me it feels a bit scary to think about living with someone you probably never met before, but it can be less scary if you start by getting to know them before you actually meet each other.
Here are my best tips and tricks to help you and your roomie build a great foundation.
40 QUESTIONS for your future college roommate.
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Do you have any allergies?
- What are your favorite colors?
- Will you share your college packing list with me?
- What is your class schedule?
- What are you majoring in?
- How big was your high school?
- Why did you pick this college?
- Do you make friends easily?
- Are you bringing your car?
- Are you planning on going home/leaving on the weekends?
- Do you have any friends coming to college with you?
- How do you feel about overnight visitors?
- Do you have any dietary restrictions?
- Do you play any sports?
- Are you planning on rushing?
- Do you snore?
- How do you study best?
- Do you have/ will you be getting a job?
- What are your favorite tv shows?
- Do you like to read?
- How do you want to decorate our room?
- Do you prefer showers in the morning or night?
- What’s your favorite kind of food?
- What is something unique or weird about you?
- What are you most nervous about?
- How do you like to relax?
- Is there anything that absolutely cannot be in our room?
- Are there any rules you want to establish before?
- How would you like to divide chores?
- How neat or messy are you?
- What temperature do you like the room to be at?
- How and where do you like to study best?
- What do you normally do on the weekends?
- What are your pet peeves?
- Are you in a longterm relationship?
- Do you play video games?
- What items are off-limits?
- Do you have any physical or mental health problems I should be aware of?
- What kind of music do you like?
Once you find out who your roommate is you can start texting and maybe SLOWLY get into all the questions. OR you can do what one of my sisters did – have a marathon Facetime session and go through the whole list!!! Either way. These are questions that will most likely spark other comments and conversations and that’s how you get a better feel for each other. I realize some of these questions may not be relevant to everyone either. Hopefully, if you look through the list, you will see that there still are lots of helpful questions to ask your future college roommate.
If you’d like to see more in my COLLEGE SERIES you can click HERE.
You can also subscribe to the newsletter (jam-packed with tips on all things college life, affordable everyday style, and lots of funny, cute, and awesome inspiration) – get this party delivered straight to your inbox!
(All room images are from Dormify)
I’m hanging out over on Pinterest a lot pinning all the best tips for college life, dorm room ideas, and sorority rush to my boards. I’d love for you to join me by following MY BOARDS.